Untied.com has been providing a valuable resource to the traveling public for 15 years, chronicling the abuse of passengers and employees by United Airlines, an airline with the dubious distinction of most complaints per number of passengers flown.
In our world, no good deed goes unpunished. On November 19, 2012, United Airlines its partner, Continental Airlines, filed two meritless SLAPP-suits against the maintainer of Untied.com, Jeremy Cooperstock.
Please help Untied.com to mount the strongest possible defense, and donate to our legal defense fund.
With your help, we shall spare no time, effort, and expense to fight for the rights of passengers, employees, and the freedom of speech, in the court of law and in the court of public opinion. We shall not be deterred by the airlines' battery of lawyers, and are determined to take this as far as necessary.
Untied.com shall remain a voice of criticism against United, document abuse of passengers and employees, and provide them with a resource for fighting for their rights.
Many thanks for your support.
- Jul. 16, 2012: United expresses "concerns" regarding Untied.com.
- Jul. 16, 2012: United requests removal of work contact information for senior employees and change of site logo.
- Jul. 17, 2012: Cooperstock offers United help to improve relationship with customers and employees.
- Sep. 10, 2012: United reiterates earlier request and quotes from a voice message from an individual.
- Sep. 25, 2012: Cooperstock explains that Untied.com facilitates communication between passengers and United.
- Oct. 2, 2012: United claims that its Manager of Customer Relations has no connection to issues discussed on Untied.com.
- Oct. 12, 2012: Cooperstock provides example of passengers having trouble reaching United.
- Nov. 19, 2012: United and Continental sue Cooperstock in the Federal Court of Canada and the Superior Court of Quebec.
- Apr. 11, 2014: United Airlines' lawsuit grounded due to delay
- Jan. 8, 2014: United Airlines' senior lawyers are no-shows in Montreal courtroom
- Sep. 27, 2013: Court grants appeal on decision re SLAPP motion
- Jun. 10, 2013: Court rules on Plaintiffs' leave to amend Statement of Claim
- Apr. 14, 2014, Rudy Maxa's World
- Dec. 11, 2013, International Law Office
- Oct. 5, 2013, Rudy Maxa's World
- Oct. 3, 2013, Ontario Civil Liberties Association
- May 2013, Lex Canada: Transportation Notes
- Feb. 28, 2013, Arizona Republic
- Jan. 28, 2013, New York Times
- Jan. 26, 2013, Rudy Maxa's World
- Dec. 24, 2012, SBWire
- Dec. 10, 2012, AirSafe News
- Dec. 6, 2012, The Domains
- Dec. 5, 2012, Domain Name Strategy
- Dec. 1, 2012, Rudy Maxa's World
- Nov. 30, 2012, Toronto Star
- Nov. 30, 2012, Business Insurance
- Nov. 30, 2012, John Oakley - AM 640
- Nov. 30, 2012, Triple Pundit
- Nov. 30, 2012, Iksoperta Desk
- Nov. 30, 2012, Heise (in German)
- Nov. 29, 2012, CBC As It Happens
- Nov. 29, 2012, Huffington Post Canada
- Nov. 29, 2012, Frequent Flier
- Nov. 29, 2012, Kasnter Kim LLP Blog
- Nov. 29, 2012, Knockoff Economy
- Nov. 29, 2012, ABA Journal
- Nov. 29, 2012, Chicago Tribune
- Nov. 29, 2012, Boarding Area
- Nov. 28, 2012, Chicago Tribune
- Nov. 28, 2012, The Consumerist
- Nov. 28, 2012, UPI
- Nov. 28, 2012, Boarding Area